Good reasons to join Unite
Unite is the largest trade union in he UK and Ireland with around 1.5 million members across 23 different private, public and voluntary sectorsincluding manufacturing, public services, transport, food, finance and construction.
Join Unite – have a voice, take action and play a part…Unite the union – the union for all.
- You can earn more – workers in unionised workplaces earn on average eight percent more.
- You could get more holiday – Unite has won better holidays for many of its members in places where it organises.
- You are less likely to be sacked – trade union members are half as likely to be sacked than non-union members.
- You get more and better training – Unite has fully trained learning reps to ensure you update your skills.
- If you do get injured you can get better compensation – Unite wins millions of pounds for members and their families each year through its legal help.
- You are less likely to be discriminated against than non-union colleagues – Unite constantly campaigns for tougher anti-discrimination laws.
- You are less likely to be injured – unionised workplaces have trained health and safety reps to ensure employers meet their responsibilities.
- You will get better maternity or paternity leave – workers in unionised workplaces enjoy better leave than just the legal minimum.
- More job security – The union challenges job cuts and campaigns when workplaces are under threat of closure.
- Be part of an organisation that champions fairness – Unite uses its influence to challenge injustice at work and in our communities.
- Convalescance – Up to 2 weeks stay at the Unite Eastbourne Facility. You can find out more by getting in touch with your local office in Southampton.
- Funeral Costs – Find out about funeral benefits by getting in touch with your local office in Southampton.
- Disputes – You’ll be fairly supported by us in case of disputes and lockouts of up to £50 a day. Members are encouraged to get in touch with our local office in Southampton in such cases.